Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 3 of Training - Cycling classes are surprisingly wonderful


Believe it or not - it's already week 3 of training. Today was a long run of 9 miles - CHECK! It always feels so good to get those done.
Running conditions were actually pretty good today - a warm 34 degrees and no wind. The only obstacles were a few icy spots on the sidewalks and my cold that I brought home with me from my New Year's celebrations in Chicago (it had nothing to do with the early mornings until 5 am and glass upon glass of wine, champagne, martinis and vodka tonics!).
Tomorrow is a cross train day. I've really come to like my cycling class that I take at the gym. It gives my running muscles a bit of rest and really helps strengthen my quadricep muscles, which I've learned from previous participation in class - are incredibly weak. The class lasts about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I want to take cycling class but can't find many in Detroit! :(

    ReplyDelete