Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fond Memories of the Christmas Markets in Deutschland


Over 2005-2007, I spent an obscene amount of time in Germany for my job - it became my second home. I have such fond memories of my time there. I joined a running group and even ran a couple of races while there - the schönbuch halbmarathon was one of my favorite races that I ran. The landscape is just stunning and the terrain is incredibly challenging - a guaranteed great workout.

If I am lucky, I get to travel back to the area once in a while. But even if I don't get a chance to return as often as I'd like, I try to incorporate some of the culture and traditions I learned while there. Some of my favorite memories are from the time spent at the Christmas Markets drinking Gluvine (a warm wine). I recently had some friends over for a holiday get-together and made this recipe. It instantly brought me back to to the Christmas Market in Stuttgart. It's super easy and very yummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment