Friday, December 12, 2008

Yeehaa Ride 'Em Cowboy!


2009 is the 10th anniversary of Nashville's Country Music Marathon (and half-marathon). Some of my friends at work are planning on running in this event and encouraging me to join them. I am nearly committed, but need to mentally prepare and motivate myself for some serious winter running!

Here are my reasons, why I am seriously considering signing up:
  1. I haven't run this one before. It's my opinion that if I am going to spend hours running - I want to tour a new city/place. I've made the decision to never run the same marathon twice.

  2. I've run the San Diego Marathon, which was also a Rock 'n Roll marathon and had the time of my life - okay, that might be a little dramatic, but it was really fun!

  3. I have a friend who qualified for the Boston Marathon and, since these races are within a week of each other, it would be incredibly motivating to have someone to train with.

  4. The weather conditions are favorable. The average race day temperatures are 58° F at the Start and 65° F at the Finish

  5. My husband has some friends in the area that we could visit over the weekend - bonus!

  6. I am fan of Wild Horse Saloon and, yes, I'll admit it - line dancing!
So, I am almost ready to be counted in...my arm can so easily be twisted when it comes to running! I am going to see if I can recruit some others...

No comments:

Post a Comment